What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I took some sections from my U. campbelliana a short while back and placed them on some moss that I collected locally. The moss is atop of some very coarse peat, which is only there really for some water retention. The campbelliana seems to like its new home and it is putting on good growth.

ubhyoh.jpg

Wpdeah.jpg

Tz2L8h.jpg

n8CZDh.jpg

EIYQth.jpg

Mobile,
Thanks for the campby info. I have been struggling to get an additional clump going but all of my attempts at propagation have failed. It is quite a bit more difficult (for me anyway) than the U. james. This has become a bit more urgent as my plant is either entering it's first real rest phase .... or it's dying. Your approach definitely gives me some ideas.
++++++++++++
The U. reniformis f. courte, that I mentioned above, finally opened it's flower - here are a few shots:
Ureniformisfcourteflower3-4aRS091612.jpg

Ureniformisfcourteflowerltside091612RS.jpg

simply beautyful Ron!

This thread is easily in the top three best threads on Terraforums! (IMO)

Here's a quick update on my U. campelliana progress. It's two pictures of the same section and it appears to be growing fast (if you can consider U. campbelliana growth as being fast!)

5th September 2012:

EIYQt.jpg

24th September 2012:

DBWVs.jpg

very awesome progress mobile! glad that it's growing so well for you! here's my campy's progress
campbel.png

Amazing looking plants above, as per usual!

I got humboldtii about three weeks ago, and I'm starting to see new growth. Very excited!

Cheesey imitation of the amphipoodles method....

Utricularia campbelliana
campbelliana.jpg

Image taken moments ago...

Av

We seem to be able to get campy to grow... but which one of the three of us will get this diva to flower :D

As with most things, I enjoy being the overlooked underdog (hopefully the plant does also). :lol:

The plant I'm growing has been continually expanding for close to a year. It is either now entering a rest period or dying. While the latter would indeed be depressing, if it's the former, I suspect that like the jamesoniana before it, when it awakens, it will surprise with lots of new growth & several flowers (as he holds his breathe & knocks on wood).
Ucampbelliana082312RS.jpg

Iirc, the bottom section was the original (with ~3 leaves) followed by the large section to upper right. The far left and far top are recent expansions. Penny on left for scale.

LOL, when it comes to flowering rare utrics.....
ummmm, me fail....

oops... never meant to set a challenge :D

I keep missing post in this thread... for some reason it seems to be random as to whether Terraforums sends me a notifiction of new posts, or not.

Anyone know what it takes to get reneformis 'Big Sister' and nelumbifolia to flower?

dunno about any of the reniformis they have never bloomed for me. nelumbifolia blooms spring and fall for me. Very few blooms over the summer. I am guessing that you need critical mass first, but a change in temperature is what may trigger blooming. Alternatively a change in day length......

Anyone know what it takes to get reneformis 'Big Sister' and nelumbifolia to flower?
Like Mach, the big rennies have not flowered for me. Some folks across the pond give it a cold (just above freezing) & dry winter to stimulate a spring bloom. On the smaller one above, I have no clue on the catalyst(s) but I wonder if the transition from days getting longer to shorter had anything to do with it? :scratch:

OK. ice cubes it is this year... grrrrr. they are making me sort of crazy waiting for reniformis to bloom

thanks for the tips.

Back