What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Utrici-wuuuh?

I bought a plug of U. sandersonii 'blue flower' maybe a month ago and split it into two DIY utric pots. One I keep with my few other utrics and the other I kind of set aside. Yesterday I went to top off the "other sandersonii" pot and I saw this tiny little fella!

gallery_6079_393_263827.jpg

I'm 99.9999% (with an error margin of 0.0001%) sure I didn't accidentally plop a seed in there, and since it's got 2 true carny leaves, I'm guessing it came from X (where I ordered the sandersonii from). I'm a little excited to see what this will turn out to be...you know...6+ months down the road, with a trip through Taxonomyville. Looks like for the time being this pot will be eating from the top and bottom :poke:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hard to say what it is right now. Show us a picture in a few months.

keep in mind i banished capensis and spatulata from my basement cause i couldnt keep them out of other pots and it took 18 months before seeds quit sprouting......

I wasn't expecting a positive ID right now, I'd call shenanigans otherwise :)

I recently ordered Utric from them as well . Looking forward to hitchikers :)

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks like it sprouted from a piece of root that you can see in a "V-shape" below.

Nice find!

Just remember to not mention USA- based nurseries on this forum... (apart from Flytrapshop)

@petmantis :X sorry, i will keep that in mind in the future

Back