Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Angry Bunnies

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Not a Number View Post
    Ron: I wasn't aware there are different forms going around. It doesn't show in the photograph but there is a pale lavender/bluish color to the flower except around the "eyes" and "nose" which is pure white.

After looking at photos on the photo finder it looks to me the blue form doesn't have the "eyes" so maybe this is the white form? For comparison:
    I remember Bob Z's simple way of telling them apart - the white form has skinny ears & the blue form has fat ones.

OMG - I'd forgotten how insanely beautiful Avery's pics are ... (he & Pygo should have their own exhibition!)

Quote Originally Posted by Not a Number View Post
    So are these prolific seeders like U. bisquamata or U. subulata and am I going to have U. sandersonii all over the place?
    Actually, I don't think they'll produce seed even if you try. As long as you keep them from bridging the air gap between pots or sneaking across the bottom - you're good. They're the ideal little plant.
    Last edited by RL7836; 07-24-2011 at 02:14 PM.
    All the best,
    Ron
    You must do the thing you think you cannot do. --- Eleanor Roosevelt

*** Growlist / Wants / Offers ***
    (with Pics)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    they do look angry lol. I have so much trouble trying to get a decent picture of these little guys, even with a macro function on my point and shoot. /photography noob
    Grow to learn, learn to grow.

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At least with the point and shoot I have I find it difficult to get good macro shots. It's difficult to judge the focus and composition with the time lag on the view screen. And it's a struggle to get the camera to focus on what I want it to focus on. In bright sunlight it can be impossible to even see the image on the screen. The good thing about digital is bad shots don't cost any thing except storage space. Just take plenty of shots until you get something usable and dump the rest. Support with a tripod/monopod can help quite a bit but limits where you can put the camera. In time you'll learn what works and you'll get better shots.
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great photo!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RL7836 View Post
    After looking at photos on the photo finder it looks to me the blue form doesn't have the "eyes" so maybe this is the white form? For comparison: I remember Bob Z's simple way of telling them apart - the white form has skinny ears & the blue form has fat ones.

OMG - I'd forgotten how insanely beautiful Avery's pics are ... (he & Pygo should have their own exhibition!)

Actually, I don't think they'll produce seed even if you try. As long as you keep them from bridging the air gap between pots or sneaking across the bottom - you're good. They're the ideal little plant.
    Ron,

I've recently purchased a plug from CC. It is flowering now and the flowers look like the white ones. It is slowly taking over the pot

Angry BunniesAngry Bunnies

Pardon the quality of the pics. It is taken with my n900 camera. I'll try to get better pics if anyone wants them.
    Last edited by gill_za; 07-22-2011 at 10:29 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For views of another 'bunny' species - in habitat ...
    All the best,
    Ron
    You must do the thing you think you cannot do. --- Eleanor Roosevelt

*** Growlist / Wants / Offers ***
    (with Pics)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    close up can see them as bunnies. but not too angry

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like a famous cartoon character...
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast