What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ID needed in my shrimp tank: Utricularia?

• Thread starter Steverd
  • Start date
I had a friend over and he said, who look at all of the bladderwort in my shrimp tank.

I just thought that this was some type of algae. I leave it into the tank, since the Blue tiger shrimp seems to like it, or at least don't mind it. It also grows very fast. For reference the tiger shrimp just about an inch or slightly larger.

Can anyone ID this?

bladder1.jpg

bladder2.jpg

bladder3.jpg

Thank you,
Steverd

We usually need the flower to identify...But then again, someone else might know.

We usually need the flower to identify...But then again, someone else might know.

So far it has never flowered. Maybe I'll increase the light and see if it will flower.
So do you think it's some type of Bladderwort?

Steverd

It's definately a Utric. Possibly a U. gibba?

U gibba, without a doubt.

if it helps you....there was just a utric "Gibb a way" in the trade thread a few weeks ago by the gracious man by the name of..Jimscott.

if it helps you....there was just a utric "Gibb a way" in the trade thread a few weeks ago by the gracious man by the name of..Jimscott.

I also would not want money, but if I could trade for butterworts or sundews it would
be great. Do you think anyone would be interested? Would it be worth posting in the trade forum?

Thanks,
Steverd

only one way to find out bro..post up something in the trade thread..:rookwoot:

We find it in almost every pond over here.

I have mine in a glass hurricane vase on the window sill..looks like a utric afro forming already! :lol:

Back