What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fungus/mildew on Orchidoides

• Thread starter aaddaam
  • Start date
Has anyone else had this problem on their Orchidoides? Alot of mine are coming down with it and I don't know what to do. Can anyone help me?

@adam: maybe increase ventilation and spray with neem? dont know how orchidoides would react to neem treatment though, i would imagine it wouldnt be bad... i dont think i've ever had a problem with fungus on my Utrics because i use live sphag moss, which helps with the antifungal properties...

@adam: maybe increase ventilation and spray with neem? dont know how orchidoides would react to neem treatment though, i would imagine it wouldnt be bad... i dont think i've ever had a problem with fungus on my Utrics because i use live sphag moss, which helps with the antifungal properties...

I know I'm a bit too late but let me add from personal experience just recently that they don't react too well to neem. I killed U. nephrophylla colony just recently (good thing I established several others). Maybe it was an isolated case but I am not risking again.

@gill: im curious as to what strength did you use? i use about a 1/3 of the recommended dosage.

amphirion,

I used undiluted "garden safe fungicide 3" which is neem oil water soluble extract. The concentration is 0.9%. It also burned lie sphagnum in another pot. Killer stuff :)
Have also tried azomax solution (on some terrestrial utrics) the one and only active ingridient of which is derived from neem, at more than suggested concentrations to no ill effect.

@gill: i think your mistake was not diluting the concentration of the neem. case and point-- a solution of water and ricin @ 0.9% is still gonna kill you. if you read the label, they strongly advise you to apply the solution either early morning or late night because the oil will cause leaves to burn if applied during the midday.

Back