What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Utrics produce ridiculous amounts of seeds when flowering. 2 pods from my longifolia filled up like 10 packs with 100+seeds per, and U. calcyifda is self-pollinating too.

Utrics produce ridiculous amounts of seeds when flowering. 2 pods from my longifolia filled up like 10 packs with 100+seeds per, and U. calcyifda is self-pollinating too.
Quick clarification: you aren't saying that U. longifolia was self-pollinating for you?

Agree with seed quantities - especially with larger utrics - those pods can contain quite a few ... :0o:

No, not saying the longifolia self-pollinated, it needed help... just mentioning the large seed count I got, as well as the fact that calcyfida is known to self-pollinate, so large quantities of seeds from that plant can be assured.

Your seed is still good maiden! I already got sprouts. Just a few but I will see how the others come along. I was afraid that they were too old but not the case. Got my first utric grown from seed!

Edit update:
I sowed these seed half on milled spahg/ half on peat-sand. The seeds germinated really well n the peat-sand. Not seeing plantlets on then spahg side yet. Seems they like peat better.
Thanks

Last edited:
Back