Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: U. dichotoma

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I should take another pic. The thing has 4 active stalks and 3 more on the way......
    Everything has a reason, whether big or small. Never underestimate the power of what is or is not.
    There is far more to everything than meets the eye.
    Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hcarlton View Post
    I should take another pic. The thing has 4 active stalks and 3 more on the way......
    Keep em coming! I really like U. dichotoma- especially since they are tuberous. Not sure why that is so cool to me but it is :s

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tuberous? I had not heard of this being one of the tuberous species. That would imply it goes dormant, and mine is a constant grower. I also have it in a clear cup, so I can see huge purple bladders, but no sign of anything remotely like a tuber, ever.
    Everything has a reason, whether big or small. Never underestimate the power of what is or is not.
    Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a picture of some tubers on this thread: http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/index...howtopic=38410

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, I see now. There are 2 forms of this species then. I'm guessing either mine is the non-tuberous form, or because I never let it dry out it doesn't have to produce them. I feel like an experiment may be needed after they flower.
    Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hcarlton View Post
    Okay, I see now. There are 2 forms of this species then. I'm guessing either mine is the non-tuberous form, or because I never let it dry out it doesn't have to produce them. I feel like an experiment may be needed after they flower.
    Yeah I have kind of gotten that impression- the whole two forms thing. That seems really weird to me but I have seen comments to that effect. Seems like quite a morphological difference within a single species.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never seen one before so it is awesome the deep purple flower is beautiful to me

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I finally got around to taking some more pics of this plant, I've got like 15 active flower stalks in a cup only 3 inches wide, and about 5 open flowers.....

I definitely think for this plant the secret to the flowers is to keep the plant submerged for a few weeks, then let the water level drop off for a bit, before flooding it again....
    Growlist

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12