What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anybody grow gibba?

It can grow fine suspended in a couple of inches of water. It doesn't require any sort of substrate, but I've never seen it flower when suspended. I would also be very wary about growing it with Aldrovanda because U. gibba can easily out-compete Aldrovanda for space and food.

I was wondering about that. I sort of threw it together thinking it was a good place for now. My other option would be my Sarr water trays like someone else mentioned earlier. Might do that....

...or a cool jar on my window sill.

I think any of those would work well Corey.

Mine was suspended, unless you count the other plants in there that it had to touch... It was kept pretty full of water (about a foot deep) and once it grew fairly dense, it flowered quite a bit. I made a topic on it... http://www.terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?117879-U-gibba-in-flower I lost all of it though when I moved 2 years ago along with most other utrics :-\ good luck!
Andrew

Edit: I tried some Aldrovandra in that once, and I did have to constantly monitor it and remove U. gibba from completely covering it... I tried to keep one spot clear for them, but ultimately took them out.

Awesome to hear from the gurus! Thanks folks!

Back