Tropical Fish Enthusiast
I have no idea what went wrong. I received a new batch of U. gibba and Aldrovanda a couple months ago, along with a few companion plants. I went back to the bog seep water that had been successful, and the U. gibba just never responded. The Alrovanda sloughed off the existing growth, leaving me with a small piece of living material. One day, after a significant rainstorm, I couldn't find it anymore. It may have gone overboard and fell to the grass, or a critter got into it, or maybe it just died. I really don't know.
I didn't see a PM in my Inbox.
Another possibility, somewhere I purchased a fish tank net that someone had 'restrung' with very fine plastic mesh. I can net out all sorts of small critters that way and transfer little or none of the water from where they came. Or rinse if I feel the need.