User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aldrovandra: Introduce Zooplankton?

The Most Uncreative Name in the History of Ever Plant Planter's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cbennett4041 View Post
    Grrr.. Just realized I misspelled Aldrovanda in the title.
    Don't worry about it. Aldrovanda was actually meant to be Aldrovandia in honor of Ulisse Aldrovandi, but Linnaeus spelled it wrong.

As for the microorganisms, you can order them online, or (more easily) go to a pond as you suggested. I would just make sure that there's not any nasty pollution in it. You could even just raise the microorganisms in a test tube or something and put them in the water, because I'm not too sure about the local pond. After all, if it's public, who knows what might have ended up in it.

A leuco by any other name would still be as gluttonous. CorneliusSchrute's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good point raising them separately first. Mig be worth a separate bucket.

The pond I am thinking of now is a small one just two houses down. The only run off may be yard fertilizers... Doubt any Roundup or anything gets near it. As you say, though, you never know. :S
    Corey Bennett

My cultivated vegetation, carnivorous and otherwise...

Formerly cbennett4041

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no idea what went wrong. I received a new batch of U. gibba and Aldrovanda a couple months ago, along with a few companion plants. I went back to the bog seep water that had been successful, and the U. gibba just never responded. The Alrovanda sloughed off the existing growth, leaving me with a small piece of living material. One day, after a significant rainstorm, I couldn't find it anymore. It may have gone overboard and fell to the grass, or a critter got into it, or maybe it just died. I really don't know.

I didn't see a PM in my Inbox.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another possibility, somewhere I purchased a fish tank net that someone had 'restrung' with very fine plastic mesh. I can net out all sorts of small critters that way and transfer little or none of the water from where they came. Or rinse if I feel the need.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12