Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hcarlton's Utrics

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hcarlton's Utrics

Hello all!
    I've had a couple different Utrics decide to send up flowers recently, so I decided to share:
    First, a colony of U. livida "pale flower" (calling them that since the flowers are pure white) in a homemade "teacup"

And my U. sandersonii "Blue" is sending up a bunch of flower stalks, and this is the first open one. A lot of people seem to have problems flowering this guy, but for me, it regularly does so nearly every winter, and occasionally in the middle of summer.
    Everything has a reason, whether big or small. Never underestimate the power of what is or is not.
    There is far more to everything than meets the eye.
    Growlist

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for sharing! I've never seen pure white Utricularia livida flowers before. The color scheme makes me think of U. nephrophylla or alpina flowers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oooooooh

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would have thought white livida flowers would be rather common, since even the typical forms are only a pale lavender and white normally..... I have another form that appears white, but he's in low light and is probably that lavender form under normal conditions.
    Everything has a reason, whether big or small. Never underestimate the power of what is or is not.
    Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a pot of livida that throws both white and pale lavender, they are mixed into one pot so variable conditions are not effecting this, also your livida leaves look very narrow, is this the angle or are they in very dim light, as my livida are in bright light year round and are rather heavy built.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This pot gets much brighter light than my other one, with direct sunlight at this time of year for a few hours. The leaves on both forms stay relatively thin, though, at least thinner than the sandersonii by comparison...
    Growlist

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I took another shot of the sandersonii "Blue," since it's gone to what you could call "mass flowering" for this form, meaing more than just one or two at a time

You can't see all of them in this pic, but the plant currently has at least 5 flowers open, and around 6-7 separate stalks right now.
    Growlist

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another random shot of the livida "pale flower"
    Growlist

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast