Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: U humboldtii

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It looks kind of strange, and I'm curious why you chose to use the word crown to describe it, when Utricularia don't really have a central growth point. Anyways, good luck with the plant, and I hope you keep us updated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Salgadoxx8 View Post
    ... as humboldtii which produced grass leaves and nothing bigger than those paddles like leaves u have on there. I never wanted to make a big deal since CC is reputable , yet I had second thoughts about it being humboldtii go figure, maybe its a mutated clone? or a hybrid clone?
    While I agree that CC is reputable & Peter has a ton of knowledge, if he is selling mislabeled stuff, he should be notified of it (& if he doesn't change - then called on it). A former president of ICPS duped a number of people when he sold U. tricolor as U. quelchii and U. prealonga as a new, not-yet-described Orchidioides.

Quote Originally Posted by Salgadoxx8 View Post
    Wierd enough I also do recall seeing a U. tricolor clone that makes grass leaves and its regular leaves, ...
    Sounds like the description of U. praelonga.
    All the best,
    Ron
    You must do the thing you think you cannot do. --- Eleanor Roosevelt

*** Growlist / Wants / Offers ***
    (with Pics)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is starting to send up tiny green leaves every ware or that could just be something else. Anyway I really don't care if I got something else all I care about is having a knew Utricularia… even though I love humboldtii. I will post pic's if it starts to make growth that I can actually get a photo of.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have that! when it got transplanted all it's kidney leaves went away, it made some like those of U. bisquamata and then went back to making kidney leaves. Interesting.
    The tricolor was originally from natch greyes.
    Last edited by charlie; 04-09-2014 at 04:29 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by charlie View Post
    I have that! when it got transplanted all it's kidney leaves went away, it made some like those of U. bisquamata and then went back to making kidney leaves. Interesting.
    The tricolor was originally from natch greyes.
    Wait, the tricolor's kidney leaves went away and it produced bisquamata type leaves? That's odd, I haven't had that happen, yet. You might have some cross contamination in there (I'm guessing with bisquamata, though I'm not sure how) if you're getting something other than kidney shaped leaves. Keep a watch on it and let me know if that's the case so I can reassess my potting situation to better segregate the plants.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well I'm guessing there's tricolor and bisquamata in there! I have some kidney leaves though so that means it's recovering from shipping.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you growing all your Utricularia in the same container? I don't understand how you could have so many species in one pot otherwise.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A lot of my pots are infested with U. bisquamata. They also get infested with U. sandersonii (an even worse infestation lol)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast