Last year I received an Aldrovanda plant and had it, along with U gibba, in a 10 gallon fish tank. One day we had a significant rain storm and when I checked on things, I found the Aldrovanda on the porch deck, dead. Just in case I put it back in the water. But it was too late. Fast forward to this week, new Aldrovnada & U. gibba, and we had another significant rain storm predicted. So I bailed water from the tank. This morning I checked on things and couldn't find the Aldrovanda. I looked around and found what looked like a piece of algae on the outside of the gallon jug I used for bailing the tank. I put it back in the water and that was my Aldrovanda. I'm pretty sure it's dead, but we'll see. I am SO frustrated!