What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

U. calycifida monster

So I decided to move my U. calycifida 'Asenath Waite' since it has been unhappy with the higher light levels since replacing the bulbs in my T5 fixture. I knew it had grown out into the water tray but I had no idea how much. I had to lift up 3 other pots to pull out this thick mat of bladders.

rsXKIEc.jpg

Beautiful :) would those propagate? Do you cut the pot or just chop off the bladders? Thanks

I've never tried with this species, but I would think that you could propagate that way. It certainly works with other bladderworts.

They probably would, but U. calycifida honestly propagates itself so often through plantlets growing from the leaf tips or stolons that there isn't much need to do it manually. Pretty much any part of the plant, even flower stalks, can be used as cuttings.

Great specimen by the way!

Last edited:
That's pretty cool. Good luck with propagating it.

Oh I wasn't actually planning on propagating it at the moment. I'm already struggling to find places to put pots, though as a shade-loving plant it should be easier with this one.

Oh I wasn't actually planning on propagating it at the moment. I'm already struggling to find places to put pots, though as a shade-loving plant it should be easier with this one.
Oh, well, good luck with whatever you do with it.

Back