What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

U. calycifida

I just got a pot of U. calycifida and would like to know if any one else is growing it and what kind of conditions it likes. "The Savage Garden" does not go into alot of detail on it. The person I got it from was growing it in the tray method under grow lights.

Marjorie

U.calycifida is an easy to grow terrestrial utric from S.America. This plant prefers hothouse conditions(70's-80's) year-round and likes being kept very wet(almost submerged for my plant). Grow this utric under low lighting like Drosera adelae and use a soil mix of sphagnum, peat:sand etc.

I grow mine in undrained pots of LF sphag in a terrarium under 2 24" fluorescents. Temp is 75-85, humidity is 70% min. 16 hrs photoperiod.

Pyro

This one really, really hates any sunlight. I am growing mine in an undrained covered jar as it prefers very high humidity. I keep the water right at the substrate surface or a little above.

Not a picky plant at all. Medium to low light, wet peaty substrate. Can dry out a bit, can be flooded a bit. If it stops flowering, divide and repot it. Would be a difficult one to kill.

Back