Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Which Utric is best?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing that I'd definately do before introducing any aquatic CP to a tank is give the water at least a month, preferably longer, for the water chemistry to settle down and conditions to stabilise. That way if algae is a serious problem you won't lose your plant, and you can try changing the conditions until you get it right.

Almost all failures with aquatic Utrics and Aldrovanda are as a result of growers getting the plant at the same time, or shortly after they set up the aquarium. I lost several plants this way when I first started out growing CPs, but if you get the conditions right and well established first you are far more likely to have success.

Be patient

Vic
    They say that money talks, but all it ever says to me is goodbye.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Parasuco, Vic Brown,

Thanks for the tips...

I bought a pump which will help with my cascade/waterfall effect and I'm hoping that it won't be too strong. Otherwise, I might have to do something to inhibit the suction. This should keep the water moving (it also oxygenates if I set it correctly). But I will be setting it up and making sure that it operates correctly before introducing a Utric (which would take about a month or more). Either way, it's difficult to find a Utric up here in Toronto. I've asked around but most CP's are hard to find here.

Thanks again for all the help [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif[/img]
    DOH!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    www.drosera.cjb.net You prolly know about her already tho, huh?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, no!

My searches on the internet did not lead to this site.
    Thanks for the tip... and they're near Montreal. I drive into Quebec pretty frequently.

Thanks again. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img] [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif[/img] [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]
    DOH!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, Chris runs the buisness from her appt, so I'm not sure its a visity place, but its possible that if you ask nicely, she might wanna show u something... You can order from her by mail order, and her prices are CHEAP, especially for a utric!! Here is another place to order from, they sorta 'specialize' in a different area of CPs... more into the pings and dews, no utrics... They're in montreal as well...

Hey, I have relatives in montreal... I never really noted the whole 'maybe they're near eachother' thing... Hmm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Parasuco

I figured that if I was driving by, we could arrange to meet somewhere public rather than drop by their house. But anyways...
    There is one place out in Niagara Falls which is where all of my CP's have originated from, Colasanti Farms Ltd. Currently, they only have Sarra's, VFT's, and Asian Nep's but they'll have Sundews next year (don't know if I can wait...). As for the other's (Utrics and Pings) the manager said that he would consider them. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]
    DOH!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awsum, where in Niagara is this place? I know of Niagara Exotics, run by Carl Mazure... Hes got mostly sarrs, some sundews, vfts, and I think a few pings, but not on his site...

Does this one you speak of have an email address or a website?

Here is Niagara Exotics - www.niagaraexotics.com

He sells mostly seed, but he tries to put some plants on his website... You could get more if u visited him, but like the others, its run thru their home...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Correction,

Colasanti Farms is located near Windsor (close to Detroit) not Niagara Falls. They distribute CP's to Home Depot and Dominions (grocery store)... at least that's where I purchased their plants.

Their website is www.colasanti.com

This place is actually a family tourist attraction. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif[/img]
    DOH!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast