What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

sandersonii flowers!

well, i started a colony of U. sandersonii about a couple months ago and its grown well and has already sent up 4 flower stalks!!!! one of the flower stalks got eaten or squished tho, so theres now 3 rapidly growin flower stalks. i know its no big deal. its just U. sandersonii, but this is my first with carnivorous plants (aside from U. inflata which i was very successful with) all my utrics are doin great!! but i was excited to see flowers commin up on my sandersonii. i cant wait till they open!!

-josh

Josh,

Do you know what form it is? Can you get pics for us?

Aaaw. Trip down memory lane.
What is that fish tank doing now?

It has fish in it. And I've just recently decomissioned the terrarium that followed that fish tank. Terrarium number three will have to do me for a while. Theoretically, it can hold 160 3 inch pots.

Gee, ONLY 160? So that'll be what, about 2/3 of known Utric species? Now you just have to find them all
tounge.gif

A collection of plants is like a gas: it will expand to fill the space available.

I got U. leptoplectra and U. minutissima yesterday. I'm getting there...

Of course the question is "why do I bother?"

Because there are people out there like me who think these plants are cool too.

That and it is just plain fun.

pyro

i will try to get some pics posted when they open. i dont have a digital cam but i will see if i can borrow one! well, take care everybody!

-josh

Pyro is right! You do it to impress those of us with the same excellent taste in plants that you have, and, well, we are impressed!!! I didn't know minutissima was in cultivation! Keep this up and you will have the most varied collection in the world if you're not there already. Like wow man, far out!

Gee thanks guys. I love you all.

Got part of my BestCP order today: U humboltii (finally&#33
wink.gif
, U. paulinae, G. filliformis and G. lobata x violacea as a bonus plant.

They are the biggest sections of plant I've ever recieved, and they looked healthy and fresh. Quite impressive.

WOW!!!!

you must have an awesome connection for these plants dode!!!! as far as im concerned, you have the largest collection..lol. im proud of you!!!! good luck with you new plants as well!!!

-josh

Thanks josh.

I have some pretty good people to trade with. Most of the people I know with big collections are in Europe. The interesting thing is that people in different parts of the world have different species in their collection. Plants that are common in NA can be quite desirable in Europe and vice versa.

wow!!!..thats great!! ..i have a question. my plants are in a window sill right behind my drum set. would the loud noise be too much stress for my plants to grow in?? thanx alot for sharing stories with everbody!

-josh

I've always got rap/hiphop and house/dance music blaring in my house.......... I mean blaring..... In a non-residential friendly way...

My plants are doing uncannily well. I dont do anything. I doubt that can be attributed to music, but I'm just saying. My plants are all excellent, and I DO have crazily loud music.

Back