Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tricolor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I decided to flood mine last week. I now have three scapes, two with open flowers.
    I am just like a Super Hero, but without the power or motivation.................and the funky suit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cool , take a pic , i would klike to see. i begabn growing this plant a few months ago so i don't know much , but the structure of the stolons really amde me think that it does'nt now flwoer often . i keep mines outdoors and i livein california so probably if i have dumb luck to mines will flower .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is the tricolor flower in my new avatar. I am trying to get a close up, but it is very small.

[img]http://home.**********.com/copper/tribadge.jpg[/img]

[img]http://home.**********.com/copper/tricolor.jpg[/img]

The flower is in the center, against a leaf.
    I am just like a Super Hero, but without the power or motivation.................and the funky suit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh and i thought the flowers were bigger , any closer-ups . its weird , everytime i see u. tricolor theres always small capitulas of sphagnum moss growing between the leaves .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you sure that's flowering tricolor, not some weed species that's got in. There is a picture of flowering tricolor on this link Utricularia

Giles

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I am concerned due to the flower size. The flower looks like the one in the picture, but lighter. The color is washed out in the picture. The whole roll came washed out from the printer.

It could be something else, but there are only tricolor leaves showing. I was attributing the size and lighter color to the fact that the scape is undersized and thin. A second like the first has come up and is forming a flower. A third also came up. It is much thicker than the two previous.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I should clarify. The flower is a Utric flower(orchid like). Whether or not there is another Utric in the mix I can not say.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After looking at the page you put up and looking at my Utrics I can say as a whole my utric flowers are not nearly as colorful as those in the pictures. Well, not only the Utrics, but the drosera as well. They all look the same, except the very small tricolor(?), but not nearly as much color. The plants themselves are colorful. Is there anything I should be doing to enhance the color of the flowers? Fertilizer?

As for the tricolor, the longer thicker scape, if it was a scape, has broken. It became very long, about 5 to 6 inches, tipped and bent on another plant. Should it have gotten so long? There was a bud on top, but I expect the top section, after the bend, to dry up. Also if this plant is not pure what do I label it?

I also have a plant I received as a longfolia that is about to flower. However, I now do not believe this plant to be a longifolia. The leaves have not gotten long and are so dark they are almost blueish. I will have to wait for the flower to attempt an identification.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast