What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any one know whats this

• Thread starter seedling
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
tricolor.jpg

Might be a silly question but  its the thing in the pic that has a long stalk and then a round flat part on the top?

Thanks

I would guess it is either an odd looking mushroom or a malformed leaf.

Their is a 2nd one growing off to the side, I was thinking Mushroom. However as I am still new to Utrics thought I would ask before I start killing things.

An easy way to tell would be to just pluck it free. It it is a shroom it will have small filaments attache to the base but that is about it. If it is part of the plant it will be all connected and have bladders and everything.

I'd say that was a mushroom. It won't do your plant any harm - I frequently have those kind of small mushrooms growing in my pots - I think they are living in the peat already.

Giles

I recently bought a N.Spectabilis which had baby spaghnum and one of those odd looking mushrooms very small it was attached to a dying pitcher I clipped off the pitcher
(it has tons left) and within 5-15 minutes the mushroom died it just rinkled up got brown and died if anyone finds out what they are I'd like to know it seemed to be reliant on the pitcher....
confused.gif
confused.gif

I also get those mushrooms in some of the more economical brands of soil from supermarkets etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back