What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

U.humboldtii problems already :(

Off to a bad start, apparently.

I noticed tiny spiderwebs in my new u.humboldtii pot today - all over the surface of the soil. Without a magnifying glass, I don't think I'd have been able to see them. I moved some parts of the plant to a completely new pot of sphagnum after submerging them in water for about 30 minutes. With any luck they won't be bothered by being uprooted so soon.

Might want to consider hitting it with a little Orthene. Webbing can come from mites and they can take a long submerging.

might be dried 'slime' from fungus gnat larvae, looks like webbing. small translucent larvae hatch into tiny black l=flies. mostly harmless.

I'll monitor it pretty closely... I'd really be unhappy if it dies. I haven't had it long. Thanks for the advice.

.b

update... got home from work, and there were already small webs in the new pot... not very many, but they were there. I'll get some Orthene. tomorrow...

Back