What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Polypompholyx

Does anyone grow Polypompholyx multifida?(sorry 'Utricularia' multifida'!) I have seeds of it and the white form of P. Tenella but am unsure of there requirements.

Richard,

I can tell you what didn't work for me with U. multifida. I scattered the seeds on wet sphag about 2 months ago and have seen nothing. I have since heard that a heat stratification might work to help simulate the Australian summer but can't say for sure.

I will shortly be recieving seeds of U. tenella and plant on treating some of them with heat and some with smokewater.

If you find anything out please drop me a line.

Pyro

I ordered some U. multifida seeds from the ICPS seedbank. Let me know if you have any success with yours before I get mine (probably sometime next MONTH, lol).

For the most part I have given up hope on mine. They are still sitting in their pot but is I don't see anything soon (end of April at the latest) I'm going to write them off as a loss and use the pot for something else. I fugure 4 months is more than enough time to get something, especially considering most Utrics sprout really fast

Pyro

That sux. Maybe you just had bad seeds?

I think a lot of problems with utric germination are because the seeds have such a limited viability.

That being said, I remember the allan lowrie seed instructions recomended watering from above a few times a day. I suppose you would need to use a spray bottle so as not to disturb the seeds.

I've also had limited success germinating them floating on the surface a dish of water (the seeds, not me).

Thanks for the tip. And glad to hear you're not floating on the surface of a dish of water.
wink.gif

Back