User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Polypompholyx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone grow Polypompholyx multifida?(sorry 'Utricularia' multifida'!) I have seeds of it and the white form of P. Tenella but am unsure of there requirements.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Richard,

I can tell you what didn't work for me with U. multifida. I scattered the seeds on wet sphag about 2 months ago and have seen nothing. I have since heard that a heat stratification might work to help simulate the Australian summer but can't say for sure.

I will shortly be recieving seeds of U. tenella and plant on treating some of them with heat and some with smokewater.

If you find anything out please drop me a line.

Pyro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ordered some U. multifida seeds from the ICPS seedbank. Let me know if you have any success with yours before I get mine (probably sometime next MONTH, lol).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the most part I have given up hope on mine. They are still sitting in their pot but is I don't see anything soon (end of April at the latest) I'm going to write them off as a loss and use the pot for something else. I fugure 4 months is more than enough time to get something, especially considering most Utrics sprout really fast

Pyro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That sux. Maybe you just had bad seeds?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think a lot of problems with utric germination are because the seeds have such a limited viability.

That being said, I remember the allan lowrie seed instructions recomended watering from above a few times a day. I suppose you would need to use a spray bottle so as not to disturb the seeds.

I've also had limited success germinating them floating on the surface a dish of water (the seeds, not me).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the tip. And glad to hear you're not floating on the surface of a dish of water. [img]http://www.**********.com/iBhtml/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif[/img]