What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pyros u. asplundii flower

Pyro emailed me a scan of the flower opening. It has left me speechless: mostly becuase I am biting my tongue trying to keep from saying "wahhhhhh, I want one!!" All seriousness aside, congratulations on realizing a CP dream. I have the champagne ready for the posting, that is, if your cat doesn't get to the flower before you post the photo. Like I told Pyro, this might be the most beautiful flower I have ever seen on Earth.

Rest assured that this plant is very safe from my cat.
smile.gif
She is learning that going anywhere near my plants results in getting the dog released upon her.

I promise to send the pic of the open flower to Tamlin for posting once it shows itself. Given the lack of speed this plant has shown it might be another week
smile.gif

WHy don't post the pic of the flower opening??

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (UtricSeb @ Mar. 06 2003,1:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Why don't you post the pic of the flower opening?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
Hehe, probably wants us it see the flower in it's prime first...in all it's glory.

I'm game for having pics posted if someone has web space for them. I figured it would be rude to ask for more than 1-2 pics worth of space so I was going to wait for an open bloom.

I use webspace provided by Pinguicula man. I would have sent the bud photo to him, but I am giving him some peace to mourn his brothers death. As soon as Joseph is back with us, we will post Pyros photos in a series (if he is willing). This is an event that should be shared and recorded.

I wasn't aware that webspace limitations were preventing photos from being posted. I have 10 megs of space free, and since I don't have a digicam yet it's going to waste! Anyone is free to email their photos to ludwig1@cox.net and I will gladly upload them for you.

Ludwig

Tamlin and others.

I have lots of web space, so if you need to post pics don't hesitate to ask me. I'd love to help posting pics here.

i hate to see good pictures go to waste due to lack of web space. i have plenty. my new comcast account allows 25mb per e-mail address... i plan on setting up all 7 over time just to have the storrage.
biggrin.gif
so feel free to send them to adnedarn@comcast.net i think no one has a reason to not post pictures now. between the few of us we could host the whole internet. ...ok prolly not
tounge.gif
tounge.gif
tounge.gif

later,
andrew

Hey all,

I appreciate all the offers for web space
smile.gif
yet another reason PFT is such a great site. Thanks to a friend (and fellow PFT member) I will have some space to play with so I'll get pics of the asplundii out to show everyone. I do ask that you please be patient with me though as I am going to have to learn all the ropes of getting pics upto the web and then over to here. Trust me that the wait will be well worth it.

Go for it Pyro,

I have web space waiting for your pics
smile.gif

Seems you all would like to see a pic of U. asplundii, here is one of my plants:

Uasplundii.jpg

This year I got about 25 flowers on numerous stalks at one time with new flower stalks emerging.

Stefan

Back