What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Utric distribution

BigCarnivourKid

It's been one of dem days
While looking for info on U. ochroleuca (it's one of three species that my searching has turned up that is native to Colorado) I found this page which some of you Utric fanatics might like.  The best part is at the bottom of the page: Utricularia distribution in U. S.

alien.gif

This is a great resource! Thanks so much for sharing this, it has already answered several questions I had.

This is really cool! Time to go on a nature hike....
biggrin.gif

Thanks guys!
biggrin.gif
Serendipity strikes again!
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

alien.gif

The USDA site you mention is pretty cool. Don't trust it too much, though. The best location for information on state by state occurences is Taylor's monograph. But even that doesn't include some of the newer findings, such as U. minor in Arizona.

Later!

Barry

Thanks for the word Barry! It's often hard to know what resiurces are reliable. Then again, it has to behard to come up with a range map in any case!

Waaaaahhh! I need a Taylor! I heard that after Taylor completed his monograph he has shied away from Utricularia. I wonder if this is true? Did he publish anything since the monograph? I could sympathize if he did, Utricularia taxonomy seems very daunting!

Back