What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

While we wait for pyros u. asplundii flower

adnedarn

I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az
Admin
Here is a pic of my first U. sandersonii flower. this is it last night as it was opening.
U-sandersonii-1stalmstopen.gif

and here it is this morning.
U.-sandersonii-1st-open-flo.gif

I know it's not as exciting as say... U. asplundii but I hope it holds you over till Pyro gets his up... I am not too sure I have seed this flower design before.
later,

I still remember the day my first utric flowered. Seems like just yesterday...

Adnedarn,

What kind of light are you using to grow sandersonii? I only get those colors when using naturla sunlight. Under artificila light flowers are almost white and smaller.

living in Tucson Az the sun is far too bright and hot for these jewls.  i use a mixture of cool white, warm white and chroma 50 4 ft 40 watt tubes.  thanks for the compliment.   4 tubes over each set of plants.  and within inches of the plants.
later,

You guys are my heros.

Tim, huh?

Txs for the info Adnedarn. I was using only 6500K CF bulbs. I think light quantity is good but spectrum is not.
Will try adding some warmer light.

UrticSeb, welcome.
another thing i had just herd is the flourecent tubes should be replaced every so often. even if they are still working they are not producing the output they do when they are new. anyone else herd of this or have more info?
later,

I've read about that Adnedarn.

You are supposed to replace them when they are around 1 year old.

Back