What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What can help with

• Thread starter seedling
  • Start date
I have a small "pond" setup in one of my terrariums. I bought some duckweed and one or two small aquatic plants to put into it. Well apparently I got some guests that traveled with the plants as I noticed extremely tinny white worms crawling on the glass and I also noticed tinny critters swimming around, not sure exactly what they are maybe daphnia (they looked even smaller then I remember daphnia being) or some thing similar.

I was thinking maybe a Utric could help out by eating some of these guys? Or would they be too large for a Utric? What do you folks think? I have some experience growing terrestrial utrics ( and have planted some around the edge of the pond) however I was wondering what would be a easy to grow aquatic utric that could survive in my pond?

The pond is about 10 inch long by 8 inch wide and about 5 - 6 inch deep. It gets medium light, high humidity and I not sure the temperature of the water but the terrarium is warm all of the time. The bottom of the pond was originally covered in a one inch layer of gravel but over time a thin layer of peat and some orchid bark has worked its way in. Their is also a slow trickle water feature that gives some circulation.

If any one has a recommendation and/or portion of some thing I could buy/sase or I can trade a portion of the following U.Tricolor,U.Longifolia,U.Sandersonii,U.Praelonga . It would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,

André

I don't think aquatic utrics would help much. Maybe some fish?

You could try something like U. gibba, but I don't think it would make much difference. Why are you worried about the creatures - they sound fairly harmless.

Giles

Back