Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: SeCrEt ClUb?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is? Someone should have told me. I've thrown out tons of it over the last few years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think there are quite a few species that are common outside the States but are few and far between inside them. Reniformis would be another great example (or any of the epiphytes,) they seem to be very common in Europe and Asia but I almost think I'll find Bigfoot before I locate half of them in one of the 50.

Pyro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are any of these rare? They are the only ones that i can mail order purchase...

longifolia
    bisquamata
    monanthos
    subulata
    lateriflora
    biloba
    novae zelandea (???Whats that?)
    uliginosa
    purpurea
    gibba

Are any of those rare and exiting?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Parasuco,

subulata: is a WEED and if you are going to grow Utrics I recommend you never get this plant as it will spread and potentially KILL your others.

longifolia: is pretty common but it is a great plant and I recommend it.

bisquamata: you saw Tamlin's and Dodec's posts so it is kinda split, I have never seen it here in the States.

monanthos: I recieved once but it never recovered from its shipping, don't know that it is rare but wouldn't call it common either.

lateriflora: another not uncommon/not common species, nice from what I have heard and also supposed to be pretty

biloba: no idea

novae zelandea: I'd say uncommonish. (name comes from New Zealand [img]http://www.**********.com/iBhtml/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img] ) Supposed to have real nice flowers.

uliginosa: I think this is a Chinese species but don't quote me. Not sure but I think it is also on the uncommon end of things.

purpurea and gibba: both are pretty common aquatics. gibba is good for small containers.

Pyro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if any one of you want I can send you some U.bisquamata for the price of shipping. very nice plant. It came along with a D.intermedia 'cuba' i got from CC. Then the seed came and BOOM! infestation bisquamata!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't call them rare exactly, but most are worth having in your collection. You're going to get all 215 species eventually anyway, aren't you? Anyway rare is relative - most people only have livida and sandersonii in their collections.

longifolia - very nice, but you might be able to get it free if you try hard enough. Beautiful flowers.
    bisquamata - pretty common, get it for free.
    monanthos - is now considered a form of U. dichotoma, but is quite different - a miniture dichotoma flower on a 1-2cm tall stalk.
    subulata - yuck.
    lateriflora - a pretty australian species with pink flowers.
    biloba - Grows best as a subaquatic under a few cm of water. Very interesting finely branched leaves. Probably the rarest of the bunch.
    novae zelandea - like U. monanthos it is now considered a from of U. dichotoma, but has a small pink and white flower on a stalk 2-5cm tall.
    uliginosa - kind of interesting flower - smallish, but purple and white striped. Not all that common in collections.
    purpurea - aquatic.
    gibba - the subulata of aquatic utrics, you can probably get it for free.

In order of rarity, I'd guess:

U. biloba
    U. uliginosa
    U. monanthos
    U. novae-zealandia
    U. lateriflora
    U. longifolia
    U. bisquamata
    U. gibba
    U. subulata

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow! u mean there is one less rare than gibba! I have only gibba and I like the aquatic ones.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *crying after hearing a plant he wants gets tossed like a weed* WWaaaaaaaaaa!!

hehe.

hey guys, any of you willing, let me know price of shipping for ANY species you want to unload some of (subulata excluded unless you're really that mean hehe) and I am willing to work out how to pay you back. I love these guys, and recently just built a new little bog on my deck and a small koi pond, so I have good room for them. I don't remember exactly what species it is I have, but it has not been mentioned here yet. It i lke rotundifolia or something like that. I'm a horrible collecter, lol, can't ever keep names straight. I can only remember my Neps and VFT names cause they are so distinct.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast