Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: SeCrEt ClUb?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I've noticed that. Every corner of the world seems to have a different set of utrics common in cultivation.

Personally, I'd appreciate it if someone living in India would go pick up a chunk of U. reticulata for me. Taylor describes it as a "common weed of rice cultivation".

tim.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now I can be in the club thanks to Zach!! I finally have one!

So I get to join by default huh? [img]http://www.**********.com/iBhtml/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif[/img]

I am trying my best to get into them. I do think that they are great plants, although I just have 1 ( one died ).

I would love it if people where more into these guys.

I would have to consider them almost like Orchids, the flowers are terrific!!! And being an orchid grower ( well not lately ) I appreciate them more. I have also read that many Orchid Folk grow these plants, not for the plant itself, but for the flower.

If anyone is interested in sending some 'common' plants my way, I will gladly pay shipping. Or maybe trade something [img]http://www.**********.com/iBhtml/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reniformis is the umbrella one?!

Wow, I want... I'll go buy one!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, I'm here too. I'm gonna send 'em wild in my lake!!
    I am back..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jaie, I got my first utric a little while back (I dont remember how many monthes, but sometiem after february) from Pyro. Its a calcyfida, and it is in a giant wine glass type thing... Like the kind you drink egg nogg out of... Know what I mean? It couldnt be any easier, and I think there is a flower coming... I see a new growthin in the middle, and its not flat!

^_^

Try doing one like a small center piece instead of potted plant. Very nice, and they can accumulate plenty of food in an undrained dish!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    are ultrics carnivorous at all
    and how do u feed them
    maybe they are not so liked because no one talks about them anywhere but their own forums (trade forum, pet fly trap, general discussions)
    if ultrics are carnivorous then i think subulata sounds nice if its such a weed
    bisquamata is what im hopefully getting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RAW,

Utrics are most definitly carnivorous (and it could be argued that they have the most complex trap of all the carnivores.) And feeding them isn't a problem because they eat fungus gnat larva and anyone who grows CPs inadvertently breeds gnats.

As for people only discussing Utrics in the Utric forum, well.... Um... it is the Utric forum after all, where are we supposed to discuss them? There are quite a few posts in the trading forum looking for Utrics too (I know because I have made about half of them.)

I really recommend against subulata but it is always your choice. If you do get subulata then don't expect to be able to grow any other Utrics as it will spread and smother them.

Lithopsman,

I would just like to say that you really shouldn't introduce Utrics into the wild in places where they are not native. There are species of Utric that are becoming invasive in some parts of the Pacific NW and are wrecking havoc on the ecosystem.

Pyro
    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat
    Hagerstown, Maryland

--
    actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast