Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: SeCrEt ClUb?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is the utric forum like a Pyro/Tamlin/Parasuco only club? This is so weird... Common people! This is supposed to be the genus with the most species, what about HUMANS??? I can think of a question to ask if that helps to get things flowing in here! I can think of a question for anything... Kind of a mixed blessing, hehehe...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know if it is so much a secret club so much as so few of us actually grow Utrics. Tamlin and I love talking about them because we find them to be some of the most impressive (and under-rated) of CPs. I think Dodec feels the same way (hope I'm not putting words in his mouth there [img]http://www.**********.com/iBhtml/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img] )

As for getting things rolling here, I don't mind the laid back pace of this sub-forum, it is kind of nice to come in here and kick back and relax.

Pyro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like utrics (the one you sent me at least, I dont have any others, so i cant say first hand) because they look small, and dainty... They are really pretty, even without flowers. I also like that they eat bugs... Miserable bugs, and their larvae children! Ahem, anyways, something else i wanted to say was that the first leaf to develope since i got it from you (it STARTED to develope the day after i recieved it ^_^) is almost as big as the others now, and I see a new baby leaf forming! Hoorah!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, there is always something happening with Utricularia, a new leaf, a new runner breaking the surface, flower scapes poking up all of a sudden, flowers opening, seed pods forming, and they are perfecr for sharing. If anyone sends me a species not on my growlist I will tell them the secret word that unlocks the door of our clubhouse, yeah, thats the story.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Parasuco,

Glad to hear that the calycifida is growing well for you [img]http://www.**********.com/iBhtml/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]

Tamlin,

There is a secret password? Huh, I never knew that. :biggrin:

And speaking of seed pods, I think I have succeeded in fertilizing my calycifida so I am gonna have a lot of seeds. And it was good practice for the future if I ever get any other fun species that I want seeds from.

Pyro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There certainly are other people who are into utrics. I have had contact with a few people with large collections.

Nice thing about utrics is that everyone seems to have a different set of plants in their collection, and there is always trading to be done.

Another nice thing is that the plants take up so little space, and you can grow a lot in a small space. Try keeping 40 different kinds of nep in a one-bedroom apartment.

I agree with tamlin, in that there is always something going on. I don't think that there is a single day of the year when one of my plants isn't flowering.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i like utrics..even though i only have 2 species: gibba and bisquamata. It seems talk is about rarer utrics..so yea, not me for now lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually bisquamata is a fairly rare species: I still do not have this in my collection. Any interest in trading?

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast