What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

U.sandersoni not flowering

I have it in brite light siting in water should I be giving it super thrive could some one tell me what going rong

Probably nothing
smile.gif

Sometimes Utrics just need a little time to decide when they want to flower. I have a sandersonii that has been growing strong for the last 18 months but has yet to put up a flower. It is just the way they are, have patience and it will reward you sooner or later (hopefully sooner
smile.gif
)

Pyro

That doesn't sound right. Is it the blue flowered variety? That can be a little harder to flower.

I would recommend starting a new colony. I've found that this often will shock a stubborn utric into flowering.

My first thought was that it is the blue flowered variety. My one has only ever flowered once!

Actually, yes it is the blue flowered form. And while I had heard that it flowered less I took that to mean less prolifically than the typical form not that it was harder to flower.

Hmmmm...this is good to know. Thanks guys

If it is the typical Sandersonii however, it has probably become too congested. I find that 2 years is the longest that this species will grow well and flower in the same pot. After this time devide the remaining portions into 2 inch pieces and re plant in a 3/1 peat and sand mix. It will soon start activley growing and flowering again!

thanks guys all try that and it's not the blue flowered variety

Back