Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Australian Utricularia Wanted

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greetings,

George, a very pretty site, but since I don't read chinese it got frustrating quick! The website may be helpful when the english version comes online.

Tamlin, what is the chance that utric pollen may be sensitive to temp/light, like ping pollen? If that is the case, the anthers may not be ripening or the pollen may be inviable if it is ripe. The dissecting scope would solve that mystery pretty quickly.

BTW, I found a site that sells re-conditioned scopes...the prices aren't too bad ($150 and up) especially if you consider how much we may be spending on plants in a season. Check it out at www.microscopesfromnightingale.com/
    Peace,

Damon[
    Nothing needs so reforming as other people's habits.
    -Mark Twain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi All,

I browsed around that website, and wasn't able to locate the plant hormone. I found plenty of koi pellets and water pumps tho. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damon,

Thanks for that link! I will check it out. I really wish I had the scope I had when I was in college. I did a year long pollen study, and was to receive 4,000.00 in funding from the University for it. The funding fell through, and on completion of the project I returned the scope. My professor was surprised at my honesty. What a dummy I was back then, he couldn't have cared less if I had kept it. What a waste of a years time that was: I was so irked that I never published the results of the study. Well, I guess I learned a lot in more ways than one.

So when I "get rich" it is now an even race between a new guitar and a dissecting digital microscope. Tough call!
    "Grow More, Share More"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the subject of plant growth hormones...

I found a domestic source for gibberillins that won't cost an arm and a leg. Check out this site...mymegagro.com

I just ordered some, and I con't wait to see if I can germinate some stubborn utric seed!

I'll let everyknow how it turns out.

Peace

Damon
    Nothing needs so reforming as other people's habits.
    -Mark Twain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    efbiosis, this might not be strong enough to germinate seeds. I use 1 ppt (Part Per Thousand). This is quite strong and probably not suitable for aplication on plants so I would suspect the concentrations they are selling are a lot weaker than this.

Let us know what happens, wonder if it will make plants have larger flowers, now where is my miniata, lets see if i can make the flower even bigger!! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]

George

BANNED
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow

woo hoo i am lucky i can get all the cp's that you really wan't
    i must be lucky
    tamlin the only cp's that i have found in my back yard witch is not my back yard is
    u.gibba (in my best friends dam and in the ol 1930's swimmin pool that is now full of ell's)
    D.spulatha
    D.burmanii (haven't seen yet but my mum has)
    D.pleata (same place as burmanii)
    and i think tamlin that most of thoes utics would be hard to find and grow especially u.mensiezz witch is a tuberous utic
    (wow we have it all!!!!!!)
    [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/unclesam.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Matti,

You should be amazed at the biodiversity in Oz, I sure am. You don't have it all, but pretty durn close.

Now all you need is to learn how to spell them, lol. <prod prod>
    "Grow More, Share More"

BANNED
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah i do have it lucky how come more ppl. don't move to australia like u for ur cp's u could grow more neps and out side!!!! all we need is n.jaqulenieae spellin??

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast