Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: U. longifolia

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everyone, in particular Pyro. I don't know how you came up with that, but that's great. The question is, don't the spores fall into the soil and then just reinfect the plant? What kind of disease could this be?

efbiosis, that plant you saw before was most likely mine. I've posted before asking about it, and never got so many helpful responses. Guess it pays to be a pest. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif[/img]
    There's no 'a' in perlite.

My Growlist
    NECPS.org - New England CP growers unite!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My observations are similar to Cole's. My U. longifolia growing in direct sunlight gets blotches on the older leaves similar to that in the photo. However, leaves of my longifolia grown out of direct sunlight tend to not get the blotches. Also, the leaves that get blotches seem to be most common when growing from compost above water; those leaves that emerge from the water bowl tend not to get blotches. This leads me to guess that the blotches might be a result of cellular water stress during periods when evaporation is high -- that is it is less common in the shade and in leaves where the stolen is submerged under water.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just in case you want more advice, I would say that your medium is too old. Take a cutting and restart the colony and chuck the rest. I had this in a few other big-leaved species and when I tipped them out of their pots, I found that the medium reeked of anaerobic decomposition and most of the plant had rotted away.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12