Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry

Arrrgg. My longifolia's leaves have been browning on the ends [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/sad.gif[/img] The temps don't get below 65 F anymore. It usually stays around 70F or so. Photoperiod is currently 13 hours. Water level about 1 inch. I've been gradually lowering the waterlevel since they do have a dry dormancy, according to The Savage Garden. Any ideas why this might be happening?

-Homer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This problem has surfaced in past posts. Consensus was it was d/t too high a light level. I don't believe that this species has any dormancy requirement, at least, not in my cultural conditions.

Giles,

What!!! Considering I consider (sic) all the karyotypical species in South Africa to be ONE species I can't believe you take that impression.

I do however feel very strongly that variateal status be allowed for the Australian species but there is a big difference between variety and species rank ;-)
    "Grow More, Share More"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tamlin,
    I wasn't trying to make any comment on Drosera taxonomy, just on the fairies and elves. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have never been able to observe a clear reason why any species of utric decides to flower. I hae had plants that have never flowered flower within weeks of having been repotted. I've had plants that had een in the same pot for several years under the same conditions, then decide to flower.

I have been able to observe that many species that I have trouble getting to flower, flower easily for those who grow them in greenhouses. Thus, I feel that temp and photoperiod are important, at least for some species.

I have had U. longifolia flower both shortly after repotting, and when the stolons were so compacted that you could no longer see the potting media from the sides or bottom.

I suppose the trick is to grow enough species so that something different is always about to flower. Then you don't have to fuss over the reluctant ones.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (dodecatheon @ Nov. 12 2003,2:34)]I suppose the trick is to grow enough species so that something different is always about to flower. Then you don't have to fuss over the reluctant ones.
    Ha! Yet another reason to add another grow shelf!

I'm going to see if drought causes flowering, since i'm trying the drought treatment for mine, anyway.
    There's no 'a' in perlite.

My Growlist
    NECPS.org - New England CP growers unite!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12