Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Utricularia beaugleholei

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe this will put a cork in certain repeated comments that no one makes any effort to bring in new material to cultivation. I am hoping to see germination in U. benthamii, U. westonii, and U. minutimissia as well in the near future. Thanks again to all who have made this possible.

"Grow More, Share More"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beutiful Sean! They look like blue eyed grass lol.

Congrats William,I have been pollinateing my U.micro calyx flower in hopes of seed,if I do get seed any tips on germination? And should I even bother with them? Or trade them off?
    [img]http://home.**********.com/users/pondboy/Neps/Neps%20sig..JPG[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lolon? Is that like a stolon?[img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif[/img]
    [img]http://home.**********.com/users/pondboy/Neps/Neps%20sig..JPG[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    'Lolon' is Tamlins word for the stolons that look like leaves which members of the Utricularia genus form.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have good success using the stated protocol at the start of this topic. Gentle daily spraying of older seed may increase your success rate.
    "Grow More, Share More"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lollon = above ground stolons, i.e. "leaves"

rollon = below ground stolons i.e. "roots"

Not accepted terminology, but it saves typing and explaining over and over that these plants have no true leaves or roots. Just stolons. Hey, maybe it will catch on. It's a needed term.
    "Grow More, Share More"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've already adopted lolon as acceptable terminology (to me anyway and that's what matters).

I wasn't aware of rolon until now. I've just added that to my list of CP terminology.

I'll do my bit to make these names accepted protocol within the CP community. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]

Sean.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Back on the topic of germinating seeds. I've just noticed germination of seed from the U. aff. dichotoma (the plants pictured in my Grampians N.P thread stickied at the top of the Utric section) I sowed back in November. There are small seedlings coming up all over the 4 pots I grew the parent plants in.

I'm very surprised they've germinated as like U. beaugleholei I've never had any luck with them over many years. Another good thing is that the parent plants are still going strong and are spreading throughout the pots, if only slowly.

This form has always been considered to be an annual form which dies soon after flowering. Mine are still going 3 months later.

Tamlin, did I give you some of this seed as well? I think I did but am not sure. If so, any luck with germination yet. Yours would have been sown a little later than mine so if you are lucky you might see some sprouts soon.

Sean.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast