Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Harvesting\storing utric seeds?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am no expert, heck, I haven't even managed to aquire a Utric yet, but I do have an idea for Tamlin when it comes to pollination. If it were me, I would get a hackle feather from a rooster and stick the tip in each little flower and tickle it a bit, moveing from flower to flower. Feathers hold pollen fairly good and are flexable and delicate enough to probubly get some pollen in and out of very small flowers If anyone wants to try and is in need of feathers to try this with, just pm me you address and I'll mail you a sampleing of different textures so you can see which works best and give it a shot ... or you can send me a plant that may flower soon so I can have one and test it at PO Box..., LOL J/K
    There is no item greater in value than life, for without life value would cease to exist.
    My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hackle feathers? I raise chickens\roosters and hackle feathers are 4+ in long! How one of those would fit in a tiny utric flower I have no clue I used a pine needle to polinate mine inserting it as far as I could down the throat swipeing upward then reinserting and the seed pod is swelling so hopefully I will get some seed....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice work Pondboy! I'll have to get a pine needle and test your tool, maybe it will work for me too if I can manage to see the opening that is! Which species did you try this on?

Darcie, the feather thing might work too, and I'll give that a try as well. Where's my pillow?
    "Grow More, Share More"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (pond boy @ Feb. 15 2004,22:25)]Hackle feathers? I raise chickens\roosters and hackle feathers are 4+ in long! How one of those would fit in a tiny utric flower I have no clue I used a pine needle to polinate mine inserting it as far as I could down the throat swipeing upward then reinserting and the seed pod is swelling so hopefully I will get some seed....
    The tip of the feather, no the whole thing. What breed of chicken? The texture varries a bit by breed.
    There is no item greater in value than life, for without life value would cease to exist.
    My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    U."microcalyx",about the chickens a mixture mainly buff orpingto mixes,and dominique mixes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12