What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Utricularia menziesii

But no!!! It's not a dream, I even took a photo to convince myself! There in the pot that has sat woefully inactive for months, there are a fine number lollons poking up out of the surface!!!! This is one of 2 different locality types that I am trying to grow. This has been a holy grail plant since the early 70's when I first became aware of this fantastic and unique plant. YAY!!! Now I can remove the "D" from next to the name on my growlist, and look forward to the challenge of growing this species at loooooooong last.

Here, have a cee-gar!

I'll be happy to pinch you.
wink.gif
wink.gif
C'mere.
tounge.gif

Congratulations! That's very exciting. May it grow well!
smile.gif

Good work Tamlin and congratulations.

I have just picked up one in the last week and hope it does well for me. I should be OK with it as they seem to like my conditions. Or at least they used to.

Sean.

Congratulatations! I must say, I AM jealous.... but extremely happy for you!!! Way to go!

oh, and don't kill it! *pressure's on...* ;) Though I'm sure you won't let that happen...

-noah

Hi William!

Congratulations from me, too!
Did they came up from seed or from a tuber?

Jan

Congratulations, best of luck!

Cole

WOW William, very good news. Congratulations.

By the way, what happened with your U.multifida??

Well where's the photo!!
biggrin.gif

Congrats, sounds like things are doing quite well over there for you. With any luck it will send up a flower or two.

George

I second that, wheres the photo!?

Well, shucks, it isn't much to see right now, but better than beer and babes (or just as good) IMO. (apologies to both beer and babes in advance).

The plant was from a tuber shared with me by a friend, although I sure would like to try it from seed someday when I am all grown up!

Seb, not sure what you mean about U. multifada.  My plants flowered and died behaving as I expected this annual to behave, but setting no seed.

Recent seed batches from a few different sources remain ungerminated since November, but I am at least as stubborn as the seed, so we'll see who wins.  Right now I am sweating, and my arm is getting tired.

Anyways, here's the photo, and thanks for asking and for the congrats.  These sort of things is what I get up in the morning for, and it's good to have friends to share it with.

Utricularia_menziesii_020404_1.sized.jpg

Spiffy!  Congradulations!  I look forward to hearing all about the plant as it grows and flourishes in your care.

-Homer  
smile.gif

Back