What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Introducing the missing epiphytes

Is anyone in the process of introducing the "missing" epiphytes into cultivation? Or finding out the trick to successful growing?

buntingiana
campbelliana
jamesoniana
praetermissa
unifolia

I think a couple of people might have a couple of these plants, but I am more wondering if there's any kind of concerted effort underway to get them into collections generally (Europe or US)?

Cheers.

Rob.

http://www.rob-rah.com
udder7@hotmail.com

If pounding my fingers flat seeking these species ANYWHERE can be considered as effort, then yup, effort is being made.
I keep fishing but nothings biting.

Maybe this season I can run down U. campbelliana - I am getting close.

U. unifolia is in cultivation in some Botanical Gardens here in the US. I know of one private grower and try hard not to whine and beg.

U. jamesoniana is a distant hope, but anything is possible if you keep an open mind.

U. praetermissa and U. buntingiana are light years away, nd I have never seen the latter listed anywhere.

The problem with these plants is that they are much slower to multiply than most of the more common utrics. I recieved U. jamesonii in a trade once, but it was very small and did not survive shipping. I have a plant that I have been assured is U. praetermissa, but I would like to see the flower with my own eyes before I start passing it on.

Back