Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: U.exoleta

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bob, I think what William is saying is that U. bifida is the only other yellow flowered Utric that occurs in Hong Kong. To me it does appear a little different to the U. bifida shots I have seen before. It's a pity we do not have a shot of the flower from front on. The matted effect on the wet soil does appear to be that of an aquatic species.

U. exoleta is considered to be a synonym for U. gibba nowadays. I don't know about exoleta being a synonym of minor though, haven't heard that before. Does this logic therefore mean that U. gibba is supposedly a synonym of U. minor? Surely this cannot be the case as they are both considerably different. Don't want to argue with the ICPS database but it just doesn't seem right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Does this logic therefore mean that U. gibba is supposedly a synonym of U. minor? Surely this cannot be the case
    No, No, No
    Sorry, I was not clear. The ICPS database shows
    Utricularia exoleta {auct. non R.Br.: Hand.Mazz.} to be a synonym for U. minor.

and, Utricularia exoleta {R.Br.}, including additional forms and varieties, being a synonym for U. gibba.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But if U. minor and U. gibba are both synonyms of U. exoleta, then wouldn't that mean that U. gibba and U. minor are also synonyms of each other?

Sean.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12