Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do you grow

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question

U. lividia equal parts peat and silica sand. high light levels, moderate humidity. I use the tray method, doesn't need that much watering. flowering nicely!

U. sandersonii seem to do very well in very high light in a variety of soils, (pure peat, equal parts sand and peat, etc). Mine seem to do best when planted with Drosera. No flooding, just the tray method.

hope this helps,

Homer

VFT and Drosera lover vft guy in SJ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My livida and sandersonii are all in 50/50 peat and sand. Most are potted in 8 oz clear plastic drinking cups. Watered on tray method, sometimes I flood them and wait for the water to go down before I water again, usually I just fill the tray to about 1/2 inch under the soil line.

Steve
    There are only 2 infinite things... the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not too sure about the universe.

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Note (just in case its not a typo..): Its livida...not lavidia.

[img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you all for your responses! I have upgraded their conditions a bit. No typo - just lacking in knowledge or misread it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi. i live in north texas and i just recently acquired these plants. on one care sheet i was looking at, they reccommend temps between 50 to 95 degrees F. It get well over 100 (even in the shade) here during the summer. should i bring them inside then? if so, what kind of light is suitable? i was thinking about putting them on the top shelf of my desk.
    Driver Found

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my livida is grown in a 4in clay pot planted in bout 60/40 peat/crushed perlite mix. the clay pot placed in a 8 inch plastic container just as tall as the clay pot. i water with ONLY R/O water so dont have to worry about salts building up. i fill the plastic container up to just below the lip of the clay pot and let it evaporate down to within a half an inch from the bottom and then fill it back up. i recieved it as a small pinch of plant material that could barely cover a nickle from a member here back in November it now completely covers the soil in the pot and has been flowering since the end of January. it is in a 75 gal tank with other CPs and orchids growing under 4-4ft bulbs.

rattler_mt
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12