Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: U. alpina flowering

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey everyone,
    My U.alpina is sending up two of what I *think* are flower scapes. They do not resemble lolons, nor do they resemble airial stolons. I was wondering if anyone could provide some pictures of what newly-growing scapes look like?

Thanks alot,
    Cole
    Duele no tenerte cerca, duele no escuchar tu voz. Duele respirar tu ausencia, pero, duele más decirte adiós.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine is flowering as well. One is close to opening. This is the alpina that is 'question' on the forum so we will soon know its identity, I hope.
    I am just like a Super Hero, but without the power or motivation.................and the funky suit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck with that, I hope it is alpina. As with my plant, I am fairly certain that they are flower scapes... now the anxious wait!

Cole
    Duele no tenerte cerca, duele no escuchar tu voz. Duele respirar tu ausencia, pero, duele más decirte adiós.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to add something, I just looked, and my longifolia is also flowering. I think this flowering from both species is attributed to the spring day lenghth. Does anyone else have their plants blooming at this time?

Cole

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alot of my utrics are blooming, but the longifolia still does not have a scape.
    I am just like a Super Hero, but without the power or motivation.................and the funky suit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The flower on my U. longifolia should be open soon. Judging from recent posts, it does seem to be triggered by day length or temperature. It's that spring vibe, man.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The flower on the alpina? has not opened yet, but it appears that it is going to be white (such as an alpina should) and not purple. I still wonder if it is a hybrid. Oh the stress.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My longifolia is flowering as well. My two plants put up four scapes between them within just over a month! Must be that spring thing. Funny though, since they were growing under lights. Must be the temperature? Here's a shot I took yesterday:

Is the growth on the U. alpina developing into a flower scape? Many utrics (especially epiphytic) tend to put out a lot of above-grownd stolons in search of more growing media. If the conditions are right, these will even produce traps and/or leaves on them!

Edit: Looks like I've got a scape coming up on my U. alpina as well! Weee! Those spring vibes are even more powerfull than I thought!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast