Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Utricularia graminifolia

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmm Appreciate the comments..

Apparently U. graminifolia is just biased against upstate NY growers!

The only thing I can find that seems a common thread between Pyro and Noah is light levels. Seems both are doing well under more subdued light..

I put a small piece into some sphag and into my heated, somewhat shady lowland grow chamber. Guess we will see what happens.
    Tony
    Is that a Nepenthes in your pocket or you just happy to see me?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Tamlin Dawnstar @ April 05 2004,6:04)]I thought this was a Brasilian species! I really need a copy of Taylor in the worst way. If anyone happens onto a good source for the book, let me know please, preferably a used copy with peanut butter on the pages....
    Amazon might have a used copy.

Taylor's lists U. graminifolia as coming from India, Burma, Ceylon, Thailand and China.

"Marshes, swamps, by springs and streams and wet soil among rocks, mostly at low altitude but ascending to 1500m alt. in Burma"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well bust my bladder, I learn something new every day! I will check Amazon for the book, but I am almost afraid of getting it. It seems Utricularia taxonomy is slightly more complex than trying to understand women, as I am sure most of you will agree!
    "Grow More, Share More"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amazon was able to track one down for me but you have to put in a price you are willing to pay and if it turns up you automatically pay that price. I dropped $45 on my copy if I remember correctly
    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat
    Hagerstown, Maryland

--
    actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Uhhh...WHAT was that Mr. Dawnstar?

What was that about women?? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm??

"Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think what he is saying is that we (men) should all study Utricularia taxonomy so that we can then understand women without any difficulty. But since we all know that Utricularia taxonomy is near impossible to understand there is no hope of that so we should just treat women like highland Nepenthes instead! Either that or he means that Men should just go be hermits and be done with it.

T

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PAK, what are YOU doing in here? Geez, do you read *every* post on this forum? Yes, Tony understands just what I am takling about, in part. Only by first studying the beautiful complexity of Utricularia can men ever hone their appreciative skills to be able to even approach understanding the intricate beauty of our female counterparts. I think that was evident from my comment. Tonys allusion that women are anything like creations which lure, entrap and profit off of prey is completely inaccurate. Comparing women to Highland Nepenthes is his *personal* way of making a compliment to Womankind though. He says this because he's crazy in love with them, and so is blinded by reality: nothing in common with the man/woman relationships we form.

Please don't give me another square. At this rate I will be unable to post soon.
    "Grow More, Share More"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You guys are

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast