What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Utricularia uniflora

Hi,

Here is a picture of flower, that opened today. I have to admitt, that i got this plant already with two developing flower stalks
smile.gif

uniflora_UTRI9_004_19052004tn.jpg

higher resoultion

Christian

Very nice! The flower seems to be sparkling. Did you sprinkle any glitter over it? J/K

I have to get some of this species after seeing your picture. Thanks for posting

Flowers of this species lasted for me close to 3 months just as pretty as the day they opened! Be sure to look at the shading on the spur, it is the best part.

I have just placed my plant out side as an aquatic, I am hoping the it really gets it spreading. This is a great species!

Really lovely photo...really shows off where you get the word "skirt" from. Looks like a dancer swinging in an old-fashioned hoop dress.

Pretty flower....great photos.
smile.gif

Nice! that is a realy pretty flower!

Hi,

Thanks for the nice comments! Does anyone know, if this species is autogam, or if it needs pollination ? I would really like to try to get some seeds from this plant.

Christian

U. uniflora needs a bit of help to be pollinated.

Recently I tried a few crosses involving U. uniflora, dichotoma and beaugleholei. All species set seed and the seed has been sown. I have just noticed germination of the U. dichotoma x beaugleholei. I'm not sure if I was successful in the crosses or if they were just selfings but they were all very easy to pollinate.

I have never had a U. uniflora flower self pollinate without my intervention.

Hi,

I have pollinated both flowers i had three days ago. Today the petals dropped, only about 2 weeks after opening. I hope, that pollination was successfull.

Christian

Back