What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Utricularia aureomaculata

After a few years of growth, my U. aureomaculata has flowered! Here's a pic:

U.-aureomaculata.jpg

Nice!

Wow nice display. And to say it again: GREAT webpage.
Thanks for sharing your knowledge!

Jan

You stinker! You beat me! I got scapes this season but they proved to be cleistogamous. OK, I'll be a big man about it and offer you my congratulations!

So, are you hitched yet? Tied the knot? Made an honest woman out of her? Spill it man!

Great. Thanks for sharing. Its a nice species.

That is a very diminuative flower if I am not mistaken? The photography is excellent!

Beautiful flower! Congratulations.
smile.gif

The flower isn't as small as you would think, given the size of the leaves; it's about 1cm across.

The photography is just trial and error, fooling the camera into focussing and getting the right picture settings, and then fixing the colour a bit in photoshop. We have just bought a Canon digital SLR for work, so I will have to have a go at real photography. I expect we will be getting a microscope mount too, so I might try some small stuff. Wouldn't it be cool to have a time-lapse movie of utric stolons growing? (or is it just me?).

And yes William, I am a married man.

Back