What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lil pots of moss multiplying?

ahhhhhhh after 4 very stressful weeks at work i spent 3 days up at the lake. drinking a few beers, playing lots of cards, checked out the new museum that went up(full sized mounted T-rex skeleton AND full sized life like sculpture of the same) and did a lil rock hounding. man did i need that, back to my low stress self. found some new agates for you Tamlin, not MT moss but interesting none the less. didnt really realize what they were till i found a broken one.

Rattler

Too bad about the moss agates, but the others are most welcome, and I thank you from the bottom of my stony heart. Rockhounding is good for what ails ya, that's for sure!

I will treasure my little slices of the montana taters even more now!

nah ill get more 'taters. they just arent as common and smaller this far north. 70 miles to the south east and your on a different river/drainage and they are bigger and quite common. just dont get down that way as much as the other directions. Fort Peck Resevoir where i was this weekend is on the Missouri. Intake where most of the real nice and large 'taters are(ive seen ones in the 50 pound range in personal collections) is on the Yellowstone river. i have a couple of them in the 3-4 pound range from my last trip down to intake. most i find up at Fort Peck are around 3-6 ounces.

Rattler

Back