What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

U livida finally sending up a scape!

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
About 6 months ago I received  three types of Utrics - sandersonii, sandersonii (blue), and livida. The regular sandersonii spread and bloomed this summer. The blue spread but hasn't any inclination or blooming. the livida just laid there doing nothing for the longest time. Even when I brought it outside it just laid there. I even sent over 90% of it to someone in a trade. But over the summer it began to spread. This morning I noticed an inch high scape. That made my day! I hope it's a prelude to many more flowers.

Wooohoo!!! I just got a U. dichotoma flower for the first time. I love that! Previously, I've only had U. bisquamata (tons) and U. sandersonii flower for me. I love when things flower for the first time. My G. lobata did that too this summer, and now I want more genlisea!

Capslock

livida is nice, the first one i flowered....the lateriflora you got should bloom before to long. its flowers are small though. i hope some more of mine bloom soon. i have lots of species and no clue what the flowers look like.

Rattler

It`s always nice when things bloom. Congrats!
smile.gif

Especially when one is new to the hobby - like me!

Back