Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Thanks everyone for the advice!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

I just wanted to thank everyone for the insights on how to deal with the algae which was engulfing my gibba. I tried just about everything to grow it as an aquatic but the algae would not go into remission. I visited a several local wetlands and noticed that the vast majority of utrics in Michigan were growing close to the shore and for the most part in muck. Last week I plucked my mat of gibba (along with the algae) out of it's tank and dropped it into a moist peat-sludge media in an opaque bowl. The reduction in algae is already apparent. Thanks again! flytrap59
    Professor Carrington..\"We owe it to science to stand here and
    die rather than destroy a source of
    wisdom\".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I live in MI to. Great place for CPs! Have you checked out Meijer Gardens? Aquatic Utrics seem to be everywhere here in MI.

I grow my gibba indoors in a clear bowl with no algae at all! I filled the bottom with peat and covered it with sand. I buried a portion of gibba in the peat with the rest above the soil, filled the bowl with water and added a few small snails. Its been that way a few years now without any algea and it flowers all the time.

Good luck with yours.

Glenn