What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Utric pictures

Some of the newer Utrics to my collection are sending up flowers, so I thought I'd share.

I almost lost my unifolia awhile back, but it rebounded nicely and is sending up flowers.

unifoliaflower.jpg

Here's the graminifolia (wish my camera could take closer pics)

graminifoliaflower.jpg

A nice suprise, the heterosepala flowered just the other day for the first time.

heterosepalaflower1.jpg

-Homer

Utrics are hard to photograph. Nice photos.

Just one thing. That's U. uniflora not unifolia.

Tony

Hey Homer, how do you cultivate your U. graminifolia? I think I keep mine too cold.

Thanks!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Just one thing. That's U. uniflora not unifolia.

I can't believe I messed the name up again LOL. I'll get it right one day I'm sure.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] how do you cultivate your U. graminifolia?

Much like the rest of my utrics, really. Equal parts silica sand & peat. Watered via the tray method. Low temps are 60 minimum, high temps in the 70s. It's growing well right along in the same pots as some of my Drosera.

-Homer

Homer, have you ever got a mass bloom like pictured in The Savage Garden? mine always only sends up a single bloom, granted it does stick around for a long while. Nep G. mine is growing in about the same conditions as Homers and doing well. only difference i can think of is its in pure peat.

I think mine was too cold. SO I moved the now leafless pot to the lowland Nepenthes chamber, hopefully it will return...guess it doesn't like 48F at night too well! But it made it this long, hopefully its a workhorse and will rebound for me!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Homer, have you ever got a mass bloom like pictured in The Savage Garden?

Not yet, but I hope so in the future. I recieved the graminifolia not too long ago, so it hasn't had a chance to yet.

-Homer

Back