User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I don't suppose this "growth" is u. flava?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry about poor quality image. Could this possibly be U. flava popping up or is the photo too poor to guess? I only had 3 seeds and the little green fleck popped up in the general vicinity of where I had placed 1 of the 3 seeds. Crossing my fingers and hoping it is a baby utricularia.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't tell from the pic, but I can tell you that my S. alata seedlings looked like an interstate lamp - only a whole lot smaller, sometimes with the seed coat still attached. The Utric seedlings I have had look either like blades of grass or duckweed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope, I took a magnifying glass and it doesn't look like a rounded blade of grass and it doesn't look anything like duckweed. I suspect it is a weed as it looks like mini water lettuce- ewww ick! Oh well, I'll leave it be just in case.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm afraid I'm stumped with this one. I don't have experience germinating Utrics from seed yet so can't really make any judgements without being blasted by experienced members [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/laugh.gif[/img] ... Sorry! I hope they do eventually decide to grow for you!

Amori
    Good luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tee he, that's ok! I used a magnifying glass and still can't hardly determone anything. Probalby a weed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (LauraZ5 @ Jan. 16 2005,2:20)]Could this possibly be U. flava popping up ...I only had 3 seeds ... Crossing my fingers and hoping it is a baby utricularia.
    I am confused. U. flava? The ICPS Database does not list U. flava, but Taylor's monograph states that U. flava (R.BR., 1810; A.DC, 1844) is a synonym for U. chrysantha. Your 3 seeds must have been almost microscopic (they are 0.25 mm long).

If you are referring to S. flava, this thread should be moved to the Pitcher Plant section.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, I looked at flava and automatically thought Sarracenia. Oops! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you mean U. flacia

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast