What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

U. odorata

someone asked for a plug of my U. odorata. i took it out of its pot tonight and.........uh can someone with a copy of Taylors or who has this Utric to let me know what im supposed to be looking at??? not sure if i have this or if something wierd is growing in the pot. ive got really thin, short grass like "leaves" with "roots" that are growing almost straight down and dont really branch much, no traps that i can see.

I sent an email to you.

thanks Bob. ill print it out and take it home to compare tonite. i really need to fork out the $80-$90 or so for the book.

I got a copy for Christmas. I keep it in the bathroom. It makes for great reading.

You know you are a CP adict when.....

smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rattler_mt @ Feb. 22 2005,2:11)]i really need to fork out the $80-$90 or so for the book.
You had better hurry up before the dollar totally tanks. Then it will cost you much more.

Hello--forgive my ignorance---what is the "Taylor" reference? Curiously, Mike

The Genus Utricularia by Peter Taylor, its the most recent and complete referance on Utrics, last updated in 1994 i believe. a must have for any Utric nut but a bit expencive and basically only availible from the Kew Gardens in England

thats a first edition from the '80s i want the second edition which is around $85USD right now

where did you find that? I am looking for a copy also.

Thanks Rattler & Sunpitcher! Just checked the Kew Link--wow, sounds like quite the tome. Happy Trails, Mike

Back