User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone flowered u. tricolor?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i think Copper stated that she got hers to flower once. im about ready to chuck this plant out the window. ive got 5 different pots growing it 5 different ways and no flowers. i think the only way to kill the clone i got is to dry it out completely for a month. completely dry for a week at a time doesnt phase it, well maybe a lil, twords the end of the week the lolons look rough, but water it and it perks right up. it grows as a shallow aquatic with no soil, it grows wet, it grows dry, i dropped the temps lower than i do for my highland neps. BUT IT WONT FLOWER!!
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is notorious for not flowering: even when it puts up spikes (not that uncommon) they usually fail to develop buds at their tops.

We ought to arrange some grand experiment between everyone who has it subjecting it to every combination of circumstances possible. Doesn't it come from really very hot places? How hot have you tried?
    Rob Howe.

Homepage
    http://www.ukorchidforum.com
    CP growlist

Seeking: Drosera hilaris (seed)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rob is correct in saying that it usually aborts the flower-buds. IF you can get it that far, I have heard a fungus usually attacks the young buds. I had no luck in getting my specimen to flower... very frustrating.

Cole
    Duele no tenerte cerca, duele no escuchar tu voz. Duele respirar tu ausencia, pero, duele más decirte adiós.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well the division i through in the water in the bottom of my nep tank is sitting right where the heat pad is so i would say it gets 90-95ish i think. this bunch does look the best out of all the various pots and stuff i have of it
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Rob-Rah @ April 14 2005,6:01)]It is notorious for not flowering: even when it puts up spikes (not that uncommon) they usually fail to develop buds at their tops.

We ought to arrange some grand experiment between everyone who has it subjecting it to every combination of circumstances possible. Doesn't it come from really very hot places? How hot have you tried?
    Gee, I was getting mildly excited there for a brief moment. yeah, I have one stalk, ~2.5" tall. I got that with U. bisquamata and possibly with my tridentata.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ] im about ready to chuck this plant out the window.
    LOL. Sorry, but that made me laugh. I have the same clone you have, so we're in the same boat so to speak. My U. tricolor has been demoted to the Utric tank on the bottum of my growrack since it just "sits there" without ever flowering.

Quote[/b] ]We ought to arrange some grand experiment between everyone who has it subjecting it to every combination of circumstances possible.
    Sounds good with me! I'm eager to throw mine in the microwave for a few minutes to see what happens. Hey, you never know.

-Homer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From what I have picked up over recent times, in the wild it flowers lots and lives with...

Lots of light and heat all year (25C-35C nights; 30C-40C days in both the "wet" and "dry" season).
    Fibrous sand/peat soil.
    Grows very wet (even submerged under water 1cm) in "summer".
    Moist but not sopping wet in "winter" - still warm and humid.

If this was a real solution then we'd all have heard of it by now though, so don't expect any results! Mine does nothing but leaves. Might transfer it to my high-light lowland tank and see what happens...

Cheers.
    Rob Howe.

Homepage
    http://www.ukorchidforum.com
    CP growlist

Seeking: Drosera hilaris (seed)

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (homer @ April 15 2005,9:44)]Sounds good with me! I'm eager to throw mine in the microwave for a few minutes to see what happens. Hey, you never know.

-Homer
    Sounds like you've watched Gremlins!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast