What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

U. longifolia flower!

Hey, this is my first U. longifolia flower. I had no idea they were so big! What a great looking flower, and there are lots more to come!

U_longifolia_3.sized.jpg

Capslock

cool. i just got this species. cant wait till it blooms(i was assured its a blooming clone)

Max, that is gorgeous! What are your growing conditions? I have several leaves, but no inclination to send up stalks.

Thanks!
Jim,
I have it sitting under a 400watt MH light in my grow room. The conditions are essentially highland, but it's in a warm spot in the room. It flowered after moving down there, so I think a change in conditions triggered the flowering. I'm shocked at how big the flower is. It's like an inch across at least.

Capslock

I just moved mine to my version of a mini-bog, so I am wondering if normal sunlight, combined with swampy media, and ~25 degree diurnal temps would cause it to flower.

Hey, so far so good with the hursuit / veitchii cutting.

Back